Penang Exco or “Ahli Majlis Mesyuarat Kerajaan Negeri Pulau Pinang” is the administrative body to govern or create policies for the state. Its members are appointed by the Chief Minister of Penang. 2008 line-up was formed on 13th of March, 2008 following the 2008 Malaysian Election (on 8 MAR 2008), consisting of eight members from DAP and three members from PKR:-
- Lim Guan Eng – Industrial Development and International Trade, Land Affairs and Land Development Committee
- Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin – Religious Affairs, Entrepreneurial and Co-operative Development and Information and Community Relations Committee
- Prof Dr Ramasamy – State Economic Planning, Education and Human Resources, and Science, Technology and Innovation Committee
- Chow Kon Yeow – Local Government, Traffic Management and Environment Committee
- Lim Hock Seng – Public Works, Utilities and Transportation Committee
- Danny Law Heng Kiang – Tourism Development and Culture, Arts and Heritage Committee
- Abdul Malik Abdul Kassim – Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Committee
- Phee Boon Poh – Health and Welfare and Caring Society Committee
- Wong Hon Wai – Town and Country Planning and Housing Committee
- Law Choo Kiang – Agriculture and Agro-based Industry, Rural Development and Flood Mitigation Committee
- Lydia Ong Kok Fooi – Youth and Sports and Women, Family and Community Development Committee
Refer Penang Government Portal for a complete contact information and photo of each Exco member.
For comprehensive comparison between current and previous Exco members by respective portfolio, refer blog post by Quah Seng-Sun entitled “Penang exco line-up: Then and now“.
You can also download the full list of Penang EXCO, ADUN and Heads of Department contact information from Penang State Government Secretariat Office website.