“A month-long fun fairs of 160 stores with rides, games and a trade exhibition to cater for the whole family.”
Date: 29th November 2008 ~ 31st December 2008
Time: 6pm ~ 11.30pm
Venue: Pesta Site, Sungai Nibong
Organizer: Penang State Government‘s Finance Department (Jabatan Kewangan Negeri Pulau Pinang – JKNPP)
Tel: 04-2623505 / 04-6585202
Admission fees: RM3 (Adult), RM1 (Children 7~12 years old)
Special highlights: Nightly concerts featuring local artists.
- Paintball Adventure
- Showcase Pengacara Aznil Nawawi
- Penternakan Lintah & Ayam Piru, Effective Microorganism
- Showcase Ustaz Akhil Hayy and Friends
- Pameran Mini Fertigasi & Konsep 3-Dimensi Tasik Meromitik
- Penampilan Artis Tempatan
- Program Mengapai Bintang Bersama Angkasawan Negara
- Nabil Raja Lawak
- Program Bersama Sasterawan Negara
- Kumpulan XPDC
- Mari Membaca Bersama Abang Alif (AF)
- Kumpulan Senario
- Bersama Kartunis Negara ”Datuk Lat”
- Kumpulan Wings
- Program Satu Bayi Satu Buku
- Faizal Tahir and Izwan Pilus
- Thai Fair & Chinese Asia Art Group
- 6th Sense
- Kumpulan Kristal
- Showcase Music DJ Rika and DJ Deen
- Kumpulan Def Gab C
- School Of Music Performance
- Hilmi Gimik
- Artis Mentor [Fiq,Pija & Ayu]
- Kumpulan Hujan
- Kumpulan Data
- Kumpulan May
- Kumpulan Jinbara
- Pertandingan Tarian Kebudayaan
- Pertandingan Badminton Tertutup
- Pertandingan Nyanyian Lagu Asli & Pertandingan Kugiran
- Pertandingan Ping Pong Pesta Pulau Pinang 2008
- Pertandingan Karom Terbuka
- Kejohanan Tinju Terbuka
- Pertandingan Boria
- Pertandingan Kick Boxing/Tomoi
- Pertandingan Gusti Lengan & Body Building Show Off,
- Penyertaan Antarabangsa – Xiamen (China), Sumatera Utara (Medan)
- Euro Fun Park
and many more…
The Star Online (Thursday November 27, 2008)
The expo at the Pesta grounds in Sungai Nibong will open daily from 6pm to 11.30pm from Saturday to Dec 31.
State Tourism Development, Culture, Arts and Heritage Committee chairman Danny Law said Angkasawan Datuk Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, squash champion Datuk Nicole David and badminton ace Datuk Lee Chong Wei will make special appearances.
“There will be nightly concerts featuring local singers including Mas Idayu and Faizal Tahir at the main stage,” he told a press conference at the Pesta site yesterday.
To promote a healthy lifestyle, ping pong, badminton and sepaktakraw matches would be held, he said.
Other activities include Mini Malaysia Carnival, Menara KL Show, Reptile and Exotic Animals Display and paintball games, he said.
“Indonesia, Thailand, China and Nigeria will be taking up booths to display their goods,” he said.
Admission fees for adults have been reduced from RM4 last year to RM3 this year. Children aged between seven and 12 will be charged RM1 each.
About 500,000 people are expected to visit the 33-day event.
Law said the Penang Floral Festival, a Pesta Pulau Pinang programme, would open between 9am and 7pm daily from Nov 29 to Dec 7 at the Penang Botanic Gardens.
Themed “Floral Fantasy,” the festival is expected to draw 50,000 people. Admission is free.
“The highlights of the festival are the orchid, bonsai and adenium competitions. Government agencies and private companies in Penang can also vie for the Governor’s Challenge Trophy in the landscape design competition,” he said.
On the Penang Pesta Dragon Open Boat Race, he said it would be held on Dec 7 at the Teluk Bahang Dam instead of Queensbay’s coastal seafront as announced earlier.
- Pesta Pulau Pinang 2008 Audio Ads:
- Full Brochure (1.26MB PDF)
- Printable Floor Plan (319KB PDF):